There is a single skill set used in every single business that is very frequently overlooked. It can lead to incredible success or can create a downward spiral to catastrophic demise of businesses and relationships.
- Want to guess what it is?
- Learning the newest technology?… nope
- Staying ahead of your competitors…nope
- Optimizing efficiency and time…important yes but there is something else and its big
- Customer service… you are getting warmer.
It is the skill of effective and intentional communication.
When leaders, managers and key employees develop their communication skills, it creates a rock solid foundation for everything else in your business. Building a better awareness of our strengths and challenges is a great start but then we want to move beyond and learn the strategies to take our businesses to the next level.
What do I see?
- Businesses that include “customer service” as a key value in their mission statement but don’t have clear strategy to meet the goal.
- Businesses that talk about having a team that is like family but secretly know that the team doesn’t feel connected.
- Business owners that think if they hire someone with the right personality that they will have these skills naturally.
Awareness of our own communication skills is something we don’t directly address. It is often a giant blindspot, but the effects of poor communication can spread like an unseen virus.
Here are a few key questions you might ask yourself or those who are responsible for customer service and team building.
- People have commented that I am intimidating.
- When I ask my team for ideas, I am often met with silence.
- When I delegate or ask for help, people say they will and then don’t follow through.
- I hate conflict. I would rather just do it myself.
- I am calm most of the time but sometimes I overreact. This often happens with those I love or who are closest to me.
Join our in person workshop from 9-12pm at the Holiday Inn on Gasoline Alley Red Deer on Thursday March 9. We will cover the science and art of intentional communication. Participants will come away with a clear framework to use for accountability and having hard conversations. Previous attendees often comment that this information was not only helpful in business but that they use it with friends and family as well.
Location and Dates:
Holiday Inns & Suites, Gasoline Alley, Red Deer, AB
March 9th, 2023
9:00am – 12:00 pm
Investment: $199+GST (non-refundable)
Coffee and water provided.