There is a single skill set used in every single business that is very frequently overlooked. It can lead to incredible success or can create a downward spiral to catastrophic demise of businesses and relationships.
- Want to guess what it is?
- Learning the newest technology?… nope
- Staying ahead of your competitors…nope
- Optimizing efficiency and time…important yes but there is something else and its big
- Customer service… you are getting warmer.
It is the skill of effective and intentional communication.
When leaders, managers and key employees develop their communication skills, it creates a rock solid foundation for everything else in your business. Building a better awareness of our strengths and challenges is a great start but then we want to move beyond and learn the strategies to take our businesses to the next level.
What do I see?
- Businesses that include “customer service” as a key value in their mission statement but don’t have clear strategy to meet the goal.
- Businesses that talk about having a team that is like family but secretly know that the team doesn’t feel connected.
- Business owners that think if they hire someone with the right personality that they will have these skills naturally.
Awareness of our own communication skills is something we don’t directly address. It is often a giant blindspot, but the effects of poor communication can spread like an unseen virus.
Here are a few key questions you might ask yourself or those who are responsible for customer service and team building.
- People have commented that I am intimidating.
- When I ask my team for ideas, I am often met with silence.
- When I delegate or ask for help, people say they will and then don’t follow through.
- I hate conflict. I would rather just do it myself.
- I am calm most of the time but sometimes I overreact. This often happens with those I love or who are closest to me.
Join our in person workshop from 9-12pm at the Holiday Inn on Gasoline Alley Red Deer on Thursday March 9. We will cover the science and art of intentional communication. Participants will come away with a clear framework to use for accountability and having hard conversations. Previous attendees often comment that this information was not only helpful in business but that they use it with friends and family as well.
Location and Dates:
Holiday Inns & Suites, Gasoline Alley, Red Deer, AB
March 9th, 2023
9:00am – 12:00 pm
Investment: $199+GST (non-refundable)
Coffee and water provided.
Here is what our clients are saying:
I cannot say enough about the coaching I have received from Kari. It started from me thinking I just needed help with a resume and ended with me working hard to fulfill my dream of teaching what I’ve learned in over 25 years as a massage therapist and business owner. Every time I get over excited Kari carefully reigns me in making sure it aligns with my goals and vision for my future. I can’t recommend her enough, it will be the best decision you’ll make.
I have worked with Kari a couple times now and I cannot say enough good things about her. She has helped me not only in my business but also in ways that helped me personally. There are so many areas that she is knowledgeable in when it comes business development. Everything from how to have hard conversations with employees, to the careful wording of an ad or email. Kari is incredibly understanding and I felt like she truly cared about me and my business. Whether someone is starting a brand new company, or already established and just needs advice, I would not hesitate to recommend her services to any business owner.
I don’t believe that any important life challenge can be solved without conversation. The experience I received with Kari’s coaching was her ability to hold space for the powerful, revealing conversation. What Kari does beautifully is hold the mirror and the space to help you realize what is holding you back from reaching your full potential. If you are looking to discover the real reasons why you are not reaching your full potential professionally or personally you will want to reach out and have a conversation with Kari Lotzien.
Kari is exceptional. I came to her with a leadership issue and within 15 minutes we had come to a conclusion as to where the issue steams from. She led me through the process to discover myself, she didn’t just tell me what needs to happen. Kari is a fantastic listener and excellent at communicating important ideas. I would highly recommend her services.
(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)