When we are anchored:
- We live in accordance with our values and beliefs
- We spend our time doing the things that make our lives better
- We can say no without being overcome by guilt
- We become incredible leaders
- We can support others when storms hit
- We can stay centered more easily when things happen to knock us off course
What does this do for our business?
- We are clear on the vision for our business
- We set boundaries on our time and energy
- We build hiring practices that encourage long term team members that believe in the core values of the company
- We navigate changes easily
- We know how to motivate and inspire others
- We build long term client relationships
- We build clientele through solid referrals
- We have a plan to navigate challenging situations
What does this do for our families and kids?
- It creates spaces in our homes and our classrooms where kids feel safe and protected
- It increases their creative thinking
- It reduces tantrums and meltdowns
- It reduces sibling rivalry
- It connects our families
- It helps us to navigate rough roads…illness, loss, moving, change in family situation.
- It allows us to think clearly in the midst of challenges.
Connections – Calm the Chaos
Here is what our clients are saying:
I have had the pleasure of working with Kari both personally and professionally. I am continued to be amazed by Kari’s knowledge and her ability to connect with both kids and parents! I have learned so many practical skills and get very excited at every opportunity we have for her to present. She has made such a difference in my personal and professional life and I cannot thank her enough for all of her hard work!
An AMAZING workshop! Everyone could benefit from immersing themselves in this material around trauma. What stuck with me was ‘to make an impact on someone, especially a child, there needs to be a strong connection, stability and safety. Correction won’t happen unless there is trust and hope.
Every time I go and listen to Kari talk I am blown away with all the knowledge. Learning about kids who “flip their lid” and understanding the behaviours has moved mountains in my household. The last course I went to was “Be The Anchor.” I actually went twice and both times I take something else out of it to better myself and my kids. Thank you so much Kari.
I attended the highly informative, engaging, and inspiring Be the Anchor workshop put on by Kari Lotzien. As a parent, there are many questions on a day-to-day basis that we encounter, including the classic, “Am I doing this right?” The workshop provided me a little confidence, and more importantly, the tools to understand that I need to be there for my child in the way he needs. The world of parenting is tough, but Lotzien, in her comedic relief and informative manner, made me realize that we are not alone in that feeling. Walking away from the presentation I felt supported and refreshed. I would recommend this workshop to any parent.
Overall, extremely pleased with your session today. Lots of ideas shared that I can bring into my classroom and it got me reflecting on my own attitudes and beliefs. I appreciate your REAL suggestions and solutions and all the resources shared. Thank you for your wisdom. You were terrific!
Kari is SO easy to listen to. As a kindergarten teacher, I always come away with REAL ideas I can use tomorrow. Great stories and a good sense of humour all add up to an extremely worthwhile day.
I loved the stories and link to real life experiences! I wrote so many notes and hardly even doodled! That tells you how engaged I was!
You were a breath of fresh air! No fluff, just simple strategies that we can all use and what ALL educators need to hear.
Kari is a mass of compassionate, caring knowledge. I love her approach and attitude.